[cfe-dev] Using qmake and LibTooling

Konstantin Tokarev annulen at yandex.ru
Tue Aug 14 08:44:36 PDT 2012

14.08.2012, 18:38, "Jens Weller" <JensWeller at gmx.de>:
> Hi,
>
> trying to setup my dev env under Windows, one of my goals is to use Qt as a Frontend for my tools.
> And QtCreator as an IDE for the whole thing. I could get cmake to build with the mingw supplied by Qt, also I could build the cbp Version with cmake, so I can open LLVM in CodeBlocks or QtCreator. Its even compiling.
>
> So actually, I'm ready to start, my first goal is to this running with qmake. Just to have a start to work from. So, I've searched the list and the net, and have not found anything on this. So, I thought, its maybe a good Idea to ask on the list. Has someone else got this running with QMake under Windows with QtCreator?

If all you need is to use Qt in your clang-based tools, I think you should stick to CMake. It both supports Qt out of the box and is supported as a build system for Clang tools. You can use it within Qt Creator as well.

If you want to use LibTooling with qmake-based builds, you need to implement CompilationDatabase support for qmake which is not trivial.

--
Regards,
Konstantin