[cfe-dev] Building clang with MingW and MSYS

Óscar Fuentes ofv at wanadoo.es
Wed Mar 16 13:38:31 PDT 2011

Edward Diener <eldlistmailingz at tropicsoft.com>
writes:

> I am trying to build clang with MingW and MSYS. I have followed the
> instructions on the Clang "Getting Started" page. When I execute:
>
> ../llvm/configure
>
> I receive:
>
> $ ../llvm/configure
> configure: error: Already configured in ../llvm
>
> Huh ?
>
> There are no files in the 'build' directory except for a config.log
> which says:
>
> "This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
> running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.
>
> It was created by llvm configure 3.0svn, which was
> generated by GNU Autoconf 2.60.  Invocation command line was
>
>    $ ../llvm/configure

The error is emitted after testing for the presence on the source tree
of the file

include/llvm/Config/config.h

That file is generated by the configure script of by cmake.

Are you using the same sources you previously used for building with VS
in-source?  If yes, you must start from a clean source directory. Some
version control tools have commands for removing all unversioned files,
but I don't know about svn.