[cfe-dev] Can no longer build Clang with MSVC

Olaf Krzikalla Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de
Thu Jun 25 01:43:05 PDT 2009

AlisdairM(public) schrieb:
> Something has changed in the Clang project in the last 48 hours that means I can no longer build clangFrontEnd, using MSVC Express 2008.

This looks really like a bug in MSVC. If you remove the virtual in

    virtual void DeleteExpr(ExprTy *E) {}
    virtual void DeleteStmt(StmtTy *S) {}
    virtual void DeleteTemplateParams(TemplateParamsTy *P) {}

the bug goes away. However this is not an option. I've attached a really
ugly workaround (please, please don't blame me, it is not meant to get
checked in). If you remove the c-style-cast in the get function the
compiler tells you to a certain degree what's going on internally. It
looks like MSVC doesn't have the right template argument and instead
selects some random name. Thus I'm not even sure if MSVC generates
working code at all.

Best Olaf