[cfe-dev] Can no longer build Clang with MSVC

Sebastian Redl sebastian.redl at getdesigned.at
Thu Jun 25 11:04:28 PDT 2009

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 10:43:05 +0200, Olaf Krzikalla
<Olaf.Krzikalla at tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> AlisdairM(public) schrieb:
>> Something has changed in the Clang project in the last 48 hours that
>> means I can no longer build clangFrontEnd, using MSVC Express 2008.
>>
> This looks really like a bug in MSVC. If you remove the virtual in
>
>     virtual void DeleteExpr(ExprTy *E) {}
>     virtual void DeleteStmt(StmtTy *S) {}
>     virtual void DeleteTemplateParams(TemplateParamsTy *P) {}
>
> the bug goes away. However this is not an option. I've attached a really
> ugly workaround (please, please don't blame me, it is not meant to get
> checked in).

I like your patch better than Alistair's, since it collects the ugliness in
one place. But I like mine best. Attached.

Also, how can you guys live with all these warnings? I'm going to generate
a few patches to get rid of most of them and commit them once I've tested
them on Linux.

Sebastian