[Openmp-dev] LLVM openMP entry point

Klinkenberg, Jannis via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 24 08:25:12 PDT 2021

Hi Krzysztof,

I was facing the same challenge when I was working with the LLVM OpenMP runtime.
What helped me is compiling the runtime in Debug mode.
Then you can enable debug output when running the benchmark/application with the following environment variables:
KMP_A_DEBUG, KMP_B_DEBUG, ... KMP_F_DEBUG
That can give you outputs with pointer to functions that are called during the process.

Example:
KMP_A_DEBUG=300 KMP_B_DEBUG=100 KMP_C_DEBUG=60 KMP_E_DEBUG=300 ./app

Thresholds are configurable and control which severity is printed.
For further information look into the source code where the debug marcos are used.

Hope that helps at least a little :)

Best,
Jannis