[Openmp-dev] counts in the work sharing

Churbanov, Andrey via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Mar 16 05:04:50 PDT 2020

For static schedule the runtime does not track iterations.  The __kmpc_for_static_init_4 (or similar, depending on the iteration variable type) is the only runtime call for a statically scheduled loop (not counting leading barrier if any). After it compiler just loops over obtained range of iterations without involving runtime any more.

Regards,
Andrey