[Openmp-dev] New llvm-lit based check-libomp target

Jack Howarth via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 23 06:33:04 PDT 2015

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 6:04 PM, Peyton, Jonathan L via Openmp-dev
<openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Hello Everyone,
>

> I’ve just committed http://reviews.llvm.org/D11821 which introduces a
> check-libomp target which uses llvm-lit to test the newly built OpenMP
> runtime library.
>
> If (When) you have problems please leave feedback.

Jonathan,
         As I mentioned in http://reviews.llvm.org/D11821, the current
default tolerances of...

return ((measured_time > 0.99 * wait_time) && (measured_time < 1.01 *
wait_time)) ;

cause the  runtime/test/api/omp_get_wtime.c testcase to fail its
execution test on OS X 10.10 and 10.11 but not on 10.9. Execution
of the test case repeatedly on a dual quad-core MacPro 3,1 produces
exit codes ranging from 2 to 6. Increasing this tolerance to...

return ((measured_time > 0.98 * wait_time) && (measured_time < 1.02 *
wait_time)) ;

results in the exit code ranging from 0 to 1. Only increasing the
tolerances to...

return ((measured_time > 0.97 * wait_time) && (measured_time < 1.03 *
wait_time)) ;

cause the test case to always return the exit code of 0.
        Where exactly did you come up with this 1% timer tolerance and
is it part of a particular OpenMP specification? If so, I'll open a
radar bug report against OS X 10.11 on this issue. Thanks in advance
for any clarification.
                Jack