[Openmp-dev] Proxy tasks for OMPT

Hahnfeld, Jonas via Openmp-dev openmp-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 01:48:54 PDT 2015

Hi,

we are currently working on implementing OMPT extensions for target regions.
For this we would need a task id for the implicit target task mentioned in
the OpenMP 4.1 comment draft.

In my understanding Intel strives to implement them with the proxy tasks
(which currently is at least generated when a 'nowait' clause is present).
Our problem with this is that these proxy tasks aren't fully brought to
execution in a sense that `ompt_get_task_id` is able to see them.
Are there any ideas or plans how this could be accomplished or how we could
get information about those proxy tasks in the runtime?

Thanks,
Jonas

--
Jonas Hahnfeld, MATSE-Auszubildender

IT Center
Group: High Performance Computing
Division: Computational Science and Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Seffenter Weg 23
D 52074  Aachen (Germany)
Hahnfeld at itc.rwth-aachen.de