[llvm-dev] LLVM Infrastructure Changes - Moving to Discourse

Florian Weimer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Jan 15 13:38:21 PST 2022

* Tanya Lattner via llvm-dev:

> I just posted a blog post about the upcoming changes to the mailing lists and LLVM Discourse forums:
> https://blog.llvm.org/posts/2022-01-07-moving-to-discourse/
>
> I am sure some may be anxious about this change, but I hope we can work together as a community to resolve any potential issues or help each other navigate this change. I have put the migration to discourse guide that was drafted by the Infrastructure Working Group in LLVM Docs, and encourage people to add their tips and tricks to help others migrate over.
> https://llvm.org/docs/DiscourseMigrationGuide.html
>
> If you have any questions about the plan, please let me know.

Is it possible to cross-post to Discourse and to some other mailing
list?  I don't think so.

We probably didn't use this functionality (posting to mailing lists
across LLVM/non-LLVM projects) as much as we should have in the past,
but I tried to reach out for a few things, and we had at least one
nice success as a result.

The projects I work on are not on Github, so that's no suitable tool
for collaboration, either.