[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Speculative FP operation.

John Brawn via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Jan 12 08:23:41 PST 2022

I'm currently working on AArch64 strict fp support (which is what's needed to enable -ftrapping-math).
There's a few patches currently in review:
https://reviews.llvm.org/D114946
https://reviews.llvm.org/D115352 (though I need to rebase this)
https://reviews.llvm.org/D115620 (needs some extra work to enable a currently xfailed test)

And I'm working on some other patches:
Miscellaneous fixes for vector instruction lowering
Model FPCR use in AArch64 instructions
Fixes related to GlobalISel (not strictly needed as GlobalISel falls back to default isel when it can't handle things)

Once all of the above is done I think that I can then mark AArch64 as supporting strict fp in clang, so that -ftrapping-math isn't ignored.

John