[llvm-dev] LLVM Infrastructure Changes - Moving to Discourse

Johannes Doerfert via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jan 10 08:05:52 PST 2022

 From the blog post:

"Fully supported Email interface - Discourse supports the ability to
interact through email if you do not like to use the web or app interfaces."

 From the Migration Guide:

"*TODO:* Creating new topics via email is supported
<https://meta.discourse.org/t/start-a-new-topic-via-email/62977> but not
configured at the moment. We would need to set up an email address per
category and give Discourse POP3 access to that email account. This
sounds like a solvable issue."

Seeing those two, which relate to the question I asked in June last year
[0], I was wondering if this means I cannot actually stay with email if
I ever want to start a thread/topic. Maybe the information above is
outdated but as we are "moving now" it might be good to actually have
that ability for the few of us that are not yet tired of email.

Thanks,
   Johannes

[0]
https://llvm.discourse.group/t/discourse-as-mailing-list-replacement-some-questions/3713