[llvm-dev] Printing out the file being currently compiled (feature request)

Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 28 12:26:54 PDT 2021

On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 4:57 PM John Emmas via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> On 28/09/2021 15:40, Mara Sophie Grosch via llvm-dev wrote:
> > Well environment variables could also be set in the environment, i.e.
> > system- or user-global
> >

> Thanks Mara - could you give me an example of what I'd need to set?

clang-cl will pick up command-line options from the CL and _CL_
environment variables similarly to MSVC (see
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/build/reference/cl-environment-variables?view=msvc-160)

But if you set CL=/showFilenames and then use MSVC instead of
clang-cl, it will warn about the unknown flag. So it's not a perfect
solution.

 - Hans