[llvm-dev] [lit] XFAIL individual RUN lines?

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 23 08:42:44 PDT 2021

We have a number of tests where we want to run the same code through
different subtargets:

# RUN: llc -mcpu=<subtarget1> ...
# RUN: llc -mcpu=<subtarget2> ...

Not all subtargets are expected to pass, but some will pass.  We'd like
to know which tests are passing for which subtargets.  We don't want to
XFAIL the whole test (because it would stop testing of working
subtargets) but we do what to know which subtargets need work.

Is it possible to somehow XFAIL an individual RUN line?  The
documentation seems to imply it's all-or-nothing.

Alternatively, is it possible to get a test summary that shows PASS/FAIL
for individual RUN lines rather than for the test as a whole?

If neither of these is possible, would patches to implement them be
welcome?

Thanks for your help!

                 -David