[llvm-dev] Adding an execution result keyword in LIT

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 20 17:05:22 PDT 2021

The "RUN: at line 1" part is printed by prepending an null command (a
colon) to the command line, which personally found to be a rather
strange implementation. Since PASSED/FAILED depends on the result, it
could at most be done by appending a command. Maybe both should be
printed in python itself, somewhere in TestRunner.py executeShCmd.
This executes all RUN-lines at once, with a single time-out. Something
that executes after each RUN line would need to be added. However,
printing the RUN-line before executing the command has the theoretical
advantage that one can could see where the current execution is stuck,
which may not matter that much since typically output is printed only
after it is known that the command failed.

Michael