[llvm-dev] A Question on stackmap locations of a record

Kavindu Gimhan Zoysa via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 18 11:57:59 PDT 2021

Hi all,

*[ "gc-live"(<2 x i8 addrspace(1)*> %68, <2 x i8 addrspace(1)*> %base_ie) ]*

Please consider that I have an LLVM IR which has a statepoint with the
above gc-live operands.
The generated stackmap record for the above statepoint has below properties.

1. only 2 locations
2. both are indirect
3. size of each location is 16 bytes
4. offsets are different. i.e. 0x30 and 0x20

As I understand, in stackmap we can see pair of locations always
for a single pointer. But in this case, there should be 4 locations because
we have 2 pointers in the statepoint.

Can you help me to solve this?

Thank you,
Kavindu