[llvm-dev] Performance benefits shown in [RFC: CSSPGO with Pseudo-Instrumentation] can't be reproduced.

Wenlei He via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 29 12:49:39 PDT 2021

For Spec2017, we’ve seen 1%+ CPU improvements on Broadwell hosts in the past. We use spec only for bringing up new technologies and we no longer tracks spec results now as we move towards production workload. Also note that the measurement was done on our internal fork, with some internal patches. We’re still working on upstreaming some of them.

For the setup, -fdebug-info-for-profiling needs to be removed.

Thanks,
Wenlei