[llvm-dev] PowerPC LLVM support much appreciated

John Paul Adrian Glaubitz via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 25 04:10:04 PDT 2021

Hi Nemanja!

On 10/25/21 11:27, Nemanja Ivanovic wrote:
> Bringing back support for Darwin/PowerPC is of course possible, but such
> undertakings are not free. Aside from the effort to bring it back, there is
> the effort of maintaining that support as the PowerPC back end continues to
> be developed for supported platforms (Linux, AIX, FreeBSD). So in order to
> consider bringing it back, we would really need to understand the use case
> - now and in the future.

I understand. But since both PowerPC and Darwin support are still there, I would
assume that the changes in question aren't big at all. I just had a quick look
and it looks like the majority of changes affects removing tests specific to
Darwin/PowerPC [1] and some minor removal in the AsmPrinter code [2].

I'm not a strong proponent of Darwin but I think those changes are relatively small.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz at debian.org