[llvm-dev] Correct Usage of Different Inlining Modes

via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Oct 20 10:15:01 PDT 2021

  Hi,

   I am trying to see the difference between different inlining options that
llvm supports (https://clang.llvm.org/docs/analyzer/developer-docs/IPA.html).
The way I invoked them was -

    clang++ -Xclang -analyzer-config -Xclang -ipa=dynamic -std=c++11 -Wall
something.cc -o something (for dynamic mode)
    clang++ -Xclang -analyzer-config -Xclang -ipa=basic -std=c++11 -Wall
something.cc -o something (for basic mode)

    and so on.

  However, I did't observe much difference in execution times for the runs
with different inlining modes, which is making me wonder if I did this
correctly? Is this the right way to use the different inlining modes? Can
anyone tell me if I am missing something?

  Thanks,
  Bodhi