[llvm-dev] Consolidating copies of google/benchmark in the repo (Was: Proposal: introduce dependency on abseil when building benchmarks)

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 12 14:12:52 PDT 2021

Am Di., 12. Okt. 2021 um 15:20 Uhr schrieb Mircea Trofin <mtrofin at google.com>:
> One thing that does come to mind, llvm-test-suite can be cloned separately from llvm-project/llvm. We'd need to point to llvm (or just llvm/utils/benchmark), and require that it be available on bots, for example. Does that cause an issue for anyone?

I like to run the llvm-test-suite with other compilers as well such as
gcc. It requires LIT, but that can be installed separately
(https://pypi.org/project/lit/). I would already satisfied if there
there is a possibility to use alternative sources of google benchmark,
such as installed by the disto package manager (sudo apt install
libbenchmark1) or automatically downloaded using CMake:

include(FetchContent)
FetchContent_Declare(googlebenchmark
    GIT_REPOSITORY https://github.com/google/benchmark.git
)
FetchContent_MakeAvailable(googlebenchmark)

Michael