[llvm-dev] Proposal: introduce dependency on abseil when building benchmarks

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 7 09:12:35 PDT 2021

On Thu, 7 Oct 2021 at 17:01, Mircea Trofin <mtrofin at google.com> wrote:

> Unless people that actually build and run benchmarks have agreed with your
>> proposal, you should not merge a clear breaking change.
>>
> One of the goals of this thread was identifying who those folks may be.

And yet, you propose to follow through if no one objected. Which is never a
good idea for breaking changes.

It's really easy to miss an email like this and it's just out of luck that
>> I didn't.
>>
> Is there a more appropriate channel of communication where owners could be
> identified?

No, this is the right place.

But you either wait for people to find this thread (however long it takes),
or you actively search for them (as I outlined before) and include them in
the conversation, for example, CC'ing them in the thread.