[llvm-dev] Help: A Question about AArch64 Register Class

Jingu Kang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 4 01:01:56 PDT 2021

Hi Ben,

As the error message mentioned, the first operand of SUBXri needs to be GPR64sp register class. The ANDXri one is GPR64.
In order to align the register classes, you can use constrainRegClass with the SrcReg and it will constraint the register class to GPR64common which is common between GPR64sp and GPR64.

JinGu Kang