[llvm-dev] [flang-dev] Status of Bugzilla Migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 30 10:22:35 PST 2021

Hi Mehid,

> Something isn't clear to me here and I'm concerned about this setup: how are we gonna go from the "archived number" to the "real" monorepo issues?
> I don't even understand the need for the archive repository right now: why can't we just redirect  llvm.org/PR to the monorepo issue?
>
> I hope we don't lose this mapping, that seems quite critical to me.
Sorry for not being 100% clear as this is a bit tricky :)

After the transfer from archive repo to the llvm-project, the issues
will be renumbered and there is no way to control this (sick!).
However, GitHub will maintain the mapping for us and enable the
redirect.

E.g. assume that the original bugzilla issue 12345 will be transferred
to llvm/llvm-project/issues/45678. It would seem that the original
number is lost, however, it will not: llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/12345
will redirect to llvm/llvm-project/issues/45678. So, llvm.org/PRNNNN
will redirect to the final monorepo issue regardless whether it was
from bugzilla or the "new" github-only variant (it redirects to
archive for "low" NNNNN numbers and to monorepo for everything else).
Also, during the transfer all github-internal issue links will be
updated, so all references to #12345 will be rewritten to the new
monorepo issue id.

Hope this is a bit more clear now.
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University