[llvm-dev] [flang-dev] Status of Bugzilla Migration

Mehdi AMINI via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 30 10:11:16 PST 2021

Thanks for the update!

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 3:49 AM Anton Korobeynikov via flang-dev <
flang-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I would like to give you the status update of our bugzilla migration.
> First of all, unfortunately it was affected by the major GitHub outage
> that happened over the weekend and our schedule was delayed a bit as
> we have to wait until the outage ended, have to restart the import and
> also GitHub support engineers that watched our migration were moved to
> fix the issues of the service.
>
> As of now we're having:
>   - All bugzilla content is imported to the bugzilla archive GitHub
> repo: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues
>   - All issue numbers are preserved wrt this repo. This means that
> Bugzilla PR 1234 could be found at
> https://github.com/llvm/llvm-bugzilla-archive/issues/1234. This repo
> will be the basis of our stable numbering of the issue id's.
>   - The llvm.org/PR redirect is installed. It will redirect to
> bugzilla archive for all PRs with ids <= 52601 and to the main
> llvm-project for everything else
>   - The llvm.org/bz redirect is installed. Links like llvm.org/bz1234
> will forward to the read-only bugzilla instance
>
> The last remaining step is the transfer of the issues from bugzilla
> archive to the main llvm-project repo. This way we will have all the
> issues in the single repo (albeit with different numbers, this is kind
> of compromise we have to accept as we can ensure the preservation of
> the issue numbers only on the empty repo and we cannot lose the
> releases, etc. on the existing repo, however, the URLs relative to the
> archive repo will allow us to keep the original bugzilla issue numbers
> and also, github will rewrite all references inside the comments for
> us).

Something isn't clear to me here and I'm concerned about this setup: how
are we gonna go from the "archived number" to the "real" monorepo issues?
I don't even understand the need for the archive repository right now: why
can't we just redirect  llvm.org/PR to the monorepo issue?

I hope we don't lose this mapping, that seems quite critical to me.

Thanks,

--
Mehdi