[llvm-dev] Proposal: Make the VE target official

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 29 02:36:00 PST 2021

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021 at 08:32, Simon Moll <Simon.Moll at emea.nec.com> wrote:

> * Buildbot worker times are down to 7-8mins. We use ccache (thx!).
> * We're set up to enable a worker reporting to the main buildbot
> instance.
> * The `clang-ve-ninja` buildbot is green and its testing represents
> what is supported for VE.

Awesome!

1. Connect the VE worker to main buildbot instance.
> 2. Add `VE` to the LLVM target list, thereby making it official
> (D113247).

This will trigger all bots that don't restrict targets to build VE, and you
may get some failures here already.

I'll add a pause here and make sure none of the failures are VE related.

3. Update llvm-zorg to build VE as an official target and enable
> buildbot reporting for VE (D113389).

I don't understand this step. Does that mean you want to add VE to other
buildbots? Or just that your buildbot will be added without VE in step 1?

--renato