[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Aaron Ballman via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 23 08:49:58 PST 2021

On Tue, Nov 23, 2021 at 11:39 AM Anton Korobeynikov
<anton at korobeynikov.info> wrote:

> > 1) GitHub's search is pretty abysmal, but I was not expecting it to be
> > this level of problematic. Doing a search for something like
> > "attribute" to see what kind of attribute-related bugs are open is
> > trivial in Bugzilla and utterly useless in GitHub. I'm guessing this
> > wasn't expected, but I'm wondering if there's anything to be done
> > about it?
> We can try to report this issue to github folks and see what could be
> done. Maybe it's a matter of some text index to be rebuilt.

Thanks! I'm hopeful that we can find a solution because this is almost
a show-stopper for me. I've spent several weeks going through Bugzilla
to triage C++20-specific issues and as best I can tell, GitHub would
be unable to accomplish this task *at all* (because many bugs were
reported before we had a tag for users to apply and not all bugs are
things that we had bugzilla tags for anyway -- we need a searchable
bug database). So hopefully it's a matter of rebuilding some text
index or something straightforward like that.

> > 2) It seems that some user accounts are being created as mannequins
> > rather than being hooked up to the actual user. For example,
> > https://github.com/llvm/test8/issues/37237#issuecomment-973565691 is a
> > comment by zygoloid and it is marked as "mannequin" rather than
> > linking to https://github.com/zygoloid. Is that expected behavior or
> > does this indicate some of the data wasn't migrated properly?
> "mannequins" are those who are not members of LLVM organization (they
> will be treated separately after the migration).
> It was also a surprise to me that Richard does not have LLVM GH repo
> commit access :)

Oh, interesting. Thanks for the explanation

~Aaron