[llvm-dev] [RFC] Raise the minimum Visual Studio version to VS2019

Michael Kruse via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 23 08:47:10 PST 2021

By our policy to support the last 2 major versions of VS, this is the
right thing to do. Removing support for old compiler versions lessens
the maintenance burden, e.g. when committing a change that happens to
run a bug/missing feature of VS2017.

If I am not mistaken, the value of the latest VS2019 is 1929, not 1927 [1].

Michael

[1] https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/preprocessor/predefined-macros?view=msvc-170