[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 22 14:12:49 PST 2021

Hello Bjoern,

> Well, the issues in Bugzilla are called PR:s (Problem Reports?). So I was actually asking about where I would file/read problem reports after the migration. I have browsed around looking at https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project but I still can't find any llvm-project "issues" when looking at that page (I'm guessing something suddenly will appear on that page later, but I do not really know since I'm not familiar with github issues).
Right. The issues will be in the standard place. They are disable now
for obvious reasons.

> Maybe I won't be able to get an URL to where I will find bugs in the future until after the migration. That however makes it hard to help out to give any feedback in case I see some troubles with the migration beforehand. Except the feedback that I've already given by saying that I lack
We will certainly update the links in the docs and put the banner on
bugzilla to redirect users. Please rest assured that this information
will not be hidden :)

> I'm also a bit curious to know if I automatically still will get notifications for all the issues that I subscribing to (as well as all the people I'm stalking in Bugzilla by using the "User Watching" feature). Or if I would need to configure that myself in github somehow.
If you were CC'ed on the bugzilla issues, then you will be mentioned
on the issue after the migration, so you should be able to receive the
notifications. Our aim (and this is what we spent enormous amounts of
time over the last 2 years) is to preserve as much information as
possible during the migration and to ensure that the old bz
functionality is somehow modelled via github after the migration
(provided all kinds of limitations github imposes).

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University