[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Björn Pettersson A via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 22 14:07:44 PST 2021

Well, the issues in Bugzilla are called PR:s (Problem Reports?). So I was actually asking about where I would file/read problem reports after the migration. I have browsed around looking at https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project but I still can't find any llvm-project "issues" when looking at that page (I'm guessing something suddenly will appear on that page later, but I do not really know since I'm not familiar with github issues).

Maybe I won't be able to get an URL to where I will find bugs in the future until after the migration. That however makes it hard to help out to give any feedback in case I see some troubles with the migration beforehand. Except the feedback that I've already given by saying that I lack information about where to find bug reports at the end of this week.

I'm also a bit curious to know if I automatically still will get notifications for all the issues that I subscribing to (as well as all the people I'm stalking in Bugzilla by using the "User Watching" feature). Or if I would need to configure that myself in github somehow. I think that I'd prefer to setup such subscriptions before the migration takes place to avoid any information loss. But since there are no issues in the llvm-project in github today, I do not really know if that even is possible (or if it automatically will be part of the migration - I actually doubt that it will be handled automatically and therefore I'm even more anxious to find out how to do it).

Btw, I'm sorry if I've totally missed out on this information in all the various discussions that's been ongoing the last couple of years. But I just got this IMPORTANT information about the migration happening this week, and it will take some time to read up on all old mail threads etc to get a summary of what actually is migrated or not and what the final plan looks like.

Regards,
Björn