[llvm-dev] IMPORTANT: LLVM Bugzilla migration

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 22 09:42:39 PST 2021

> Looking at the PDF you posted on the other thread, it appears that users who did not fill out the migration google-sheet have their comments migrated with no author-attribution of any kind (not name, not username, or even "Anonymous LLVM Contributor #123". Is that correct?
That's correct. All such contributions will be attributed to
"llvmbot". There is no other way we can enter "anonymous" data to
github. However, we do provide the backlink to the original bz issue.
We have to anonymize the data in order to comply with some regulations
and there is no way to save the attribution without the explicit
consent.

> Thus, it seems pretty important that at least all of the active contributors have filled out the sheet before the migration -- have they?
There are more than 1k users with commit access to LLVM repo.
Approximately half of them filled the survey.  However, there is no
way we can force the contributor to give consent.

> What % of contributors will be converted with comment attribution? (or maybe better: what percent of comments are by someone who filled out the migration sheet vs anonymous?)
I do not have such information. There are no plans to make such an estimation.

> I imagine it'd be pretty easy for folks to forget that they didn't fill out the sheet, since there's no way to verify whether you did or not.
I emailed all contributors that were active (submitted a single bug /
comment) over the last 5 years but who did not fill the bz survey back
in April (after the deadline for the form expired). So, all of them
were notified. We also notified multiple times over the mailing list.
I think it's enough – everyone who cared about "saving" the
contributions would've filled the form by now. So far there are ~2450
entries there.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University