[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Update on Bugzilla migration

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 1 10:57:54 PDT 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 9:14 AM Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev <
cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Over the weekend we tried to perform a "dry-run" migration –
> conversion of all 51k+ bugzilla issues to a temporary GitHub project.
>
> Unfortunately, the migration failed due to some obscure error at the
> GitHub side. So far, GitHub is unable to tell us what the problem is,
> how to solve / workaround it and how to proceed with the migration
> (not to say, how to prevent similar issues during the real migration).
> So far this is the real show-stopper.
>
> We will continue pushing, however, I do not have any ETA on when we
> will be able to continue with the bugzilla migration.
>
> I'm sorry to disappoint you, but sometimes things are beyond my control.

Could you give a rough summary/details on the interactions with GitHub? Are
they responsive? Expecting to provide more detail in some sort of timeline
(not a guarantee, but more than a "We don't know, and we don't have any
particular plans/expectation that we'll ever know, what's wrong here")?