[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #385, May 17th 2021
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 17 10:40:56 PDT 2021
LLVM Weekly - #385, May 17th 2021
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and eighty-fifth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The Women in Compilers and Tools Virtual May's Meetup takes place May 27th and
presents Jessica Paquette's talk on Bringing up GlobalISel for AArch64. For
information and to register see [the
Frederic Cambus wrote a pair of articles on rapidly building Clang/LLVM. One
on [building it in 5 minutes on a 48 vCPU
another [doing it in 2 minutes on a 160 core AArch64
## On the mailing lists
* Kai Wang shared that [initial support for RISC-V V extension v0.10 has now
As the extension is not yet ratified, this functionality is behind an
experimental flag. This work has involved collaboration between the
Barcelona Supercomputing Center, Codeplay Software, and SiFive.
* Andy Wingo posted a "mini-RFC" on [support for off-heap
motivated by the WebAssembly target.
* ORC JIT Weekly
out. These updates cover recent work on the Orc runtime and JITLink.
* Mark de Wever [provided an update on the status of std::format in
## LLVM commits
* Documentation was added on opaque pointer types, and the type was introduced
to LLVM's infrastructure.
* LLVM is now built with `-Wmisleading-indentation` and (in a separate commit)
* TargetLowering will now set CallLoweringInfo's attribute flags based just on
the call instruction's argument attributes.
* llvm-symbolizer can now output JSON.
* Support for WebAssembly globals in LLVM IR was added to the WebAssembly
* The heap scalar replacement of aggregates (SROA) transformations were
removed from GlobalOpt. [129f466](https://reviews.llvm.org/rG129f466e222e).
* Support was added for building debug info for a coroutine frame in the
middle end (i.e. an LLVM pass).
* Unwinding from inline assembly is now supported.
* The in-tree copy of googletest was updated to 1.10.0.
## Clang commits
* Support was added for GCC's `-fstack-usage` flag.
* clang-repl gained initial infrastructure for incremental parsing.
## Other project commits
* MLIR gained PybindAdaptors.h, a file containing adapters for clients of the
core MLIR Python APIs to interoperate via MLIR CAPI types.
* The lld-macho linker now supports branch-range-extension thunks.
* Initial ORC-RT unit test infrastructure was added to compiler-rt.
More information about the llvm-dev