[llvm-dev] Building LLVM on Mac

Abid Malik via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 4 07:11:35 PDT 2021

Thanks, Boris and Tobias for the feedback.

The building always stuck at libcxxabi:
----
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/MLIR_target/llvm-project/libcxxabi/include/cxxabi.h:43:26:
error: unknown type name 'size_t'
__cxa_allocate_exception(size_t thrown_size) throw();
                         ^
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/MLIR_target/llvm-project/libcxxabi/include/cxxabi.h:86:75:
error: unknown type name 'uint64_t'
extern _LIBCXXABI_FUNC_VIS _LIBCXXABI_ALWAYS_COLD int
__cxa_guard_acquire(uint64_t *);
                                                                          ^
/Users/abidmalik/Programming/MLIR_target/llvm-project/libcxxabi/include/cxxabi.h:87:76:
error: unknown type name 'uint64_t'
extern _LIBCXXABI_FUNC_VIS _LIBCXXABI_ALWAYS_COLD void
__cxa_guard_release(uint64_t *);

----
I tried with flag
"-I/Users/abidmalik/Programming/MLIR_target/llvm-project/build/include/c++/v1"
but I am getting:
 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/algorithm:641:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cstring:77:9:
error: no member named 'strncmp' in the global namespace
using ::strncmp;

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/include/c++/v1/cstring:78:9:
error: no member named 'strcoll' in the global namespace
using ::strcoll;

I feel I am not setting flags for C++ libraries correctly for MacBook (
Ubuntu is doing fine).

Thanks

--
Abid M. Malik
"I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant,