[llvm-dev] [PROPOSAL] Add Bazel Build Configuration to the LLVM Monorepo

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Mar 25 11:33:06 PDT 2021

(full disclosure, I am NOT a Google employee nor I particularly like Bazel)

On Thu, 25 Mar 2021 at 18:12, David Blaikie via llvm-dev <
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Looking at the amount of copy-and-paste code in Bazel [1], I'm not really
>> convinced
>> that the code quality of Bazel speaks for itself.
>>

> This patch doesn't seem to me to be reflective of "good" or "bad" code,
> nor has anyone made any claim about the code quality of Bazel. It isn't
> relevant to this discussion.

Exactly! The quality of the build system implementation is entirely
orthogonal to this discussion in particular and to the LLVM community in
general.

The proposal is to have a small sub-community of LLVM use it without any
promise of support. Pretty straightforward.

cheers,
--renato