[llvm-dev] "[NFC]" Abuse

David Jones via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jun 18 06:50:43 PDT 2021

Outsider comment here: I would consider an API change as NFC only if the
change causes code relying on the previous version of the API to fail
compile. At that point it is obvious that the API has changed and a fix is
needed, although it may not be obvious what that fix needs to be.

On some occasions I have dealt with API changes where compiling my old code
with the new API results in a correctly-compiling program. However, the
resulting application fails to run correctly. This issue is much harder to
track down.