[llvm-dev] Announcing Clang Built Linux Meetup II turbo

Nick Desaulniers via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 3 12:55:39 PDT 2021

(bcc llvm-dev, linux-toolchains)

Hey all,
Following the success of our in person 2020 meetup
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/CBL-meetup-2020-slides, we'd like
to hold another; this time virtually due to the circumstances.

We're planning a one day meeting to discuss any and all things related
to building the Linux kernel with Clang (and LLVM), before heading
into Linux Plumbers Conf 2021 https://linuxplumbersconf.org/event/11/
the next week.  Perhaps a good place to practice a talk for Plumbers,
or for topics maybe more specific than would be appropriate at
Plumbers?

See also slides from our event last year
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/CBL-meetup-2020-slides for ideas of
subject matter and target audience (ie. a mix of kernel developers,
compiler devs, folks who understand one or the other, perhaps both; in
my case, neither).

When

Friday September 17 2021; times to be determined.

Call For Papers (CFP)

Please file an issue at
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/CBL-meetup-II-turbo/issues with a
proposal. The CFP deadline is Friday September 10; one week before the
conference. We will add a schedule here with accepted talks.

Updates

Please click the "subscribe" button on
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/CBL-meetup-II-turbo/issues/1 to get
email updates, or "watch" this repo on GitHub at
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/CBL-meetup-II-turbo.

(We'll also be holding a "distributors conf" the day before, checkout
out https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2021-June/150861.html)
Please feel free to forward this announcement to folks I might have missed!
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers