[llvm-dev] Announcing LLVM Distributors Conf 2021

Nick Desaulniers via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Jun 3 11:55:37 PDT 2021

Hey everyone,
I'd like to announce a small conference we're planning for those of
you who package and release builds of LLVM to additional users; LLVM
Distributors Conf 2021.

We're planning a day of 15 minute lightning talks for folks who
distribute and release builds of LLVM, with a focus on configuration,
testing, and unique constraints (or whatever folks may find
interesting about their distributions that they think others might
like to know about).

If you build LLVM for other users, we want to hear about how you build
LLVM, some of the unique constraints of your users or target
environment, configurations or configuration tips, war stories,
headaches, distribution recommendations, and problems that would be
nice to solve in upstream LLVM.

Some example distributions of LLVM that might be of interest:

Apple LLVM
RHEL LLVM
Snapdragon LLVM
apt.llvm.org (Debian)
AOSP LLVM
CrOS LLVM
Fuchsia LLVM
FreeBSD LLVM
NetBSD LLVM
OpenBSD LLVM
PlayStation LLVM
Nintendo LLVM
Chromium LLVM
Arch Linux LLVM
Open Mandriva LLVM
Gentoo LLVM
Google3 LLVM
your distro here; I'm sure there are many more distributions that I
don't even know about!

Please help forward this announcement to folks you know who might be
interested and that I missed on the To: line.

When

Thursday September 16 2021, times to be determined.

Call For Papers (CFP)

Please file an issue at
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/llvm-distributors-conf-2021/issues
with a proposal. The CFP deadline is Thursday September 9; one week
before the conference. We will add a schedule here with accepted
talks. Talks are expected to be only 15 minutes in length! Keep it
brief!

Updates

Please click the "subscribe" button on
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/llvm-distributors-conf-2021/issues/2
to get email updates, or "watch" this repo on GitHub at
https://github.com/ClangBuiltLinux/llvm-distributors-conf-2021.
--
Thanks,
~Nick Desaulniers