[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #395, July 26th 2021
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 26 10:32:28 PDT 2021
LLVM Weekly - #395, July 26th 2021
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the three hundred and ninety-fifth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
The 'undevs' blog posted an article on [understanding LLVM
## On the mailing lists
* Tom Stellard sent a reminder that [the 13.x release branch will be created on
* Andy Wingo posted an RFC on [supporting off-heap definitions for the
* LLVM GPU News #16 [is
covering GPU-related recent commits and discussions.
* ORC JIT Weekly #37 [is
covering updates on JITLink RISCV, Swift/Obj-C support, and
* In response to a question, Philip Reames provided a summary of related work
on [fuzzing LLVM IR
## LLVM commits
* LLVM's Attributor gained AAPointerInfo, used to track the uses of a pointer
and placing them in "bins" based on their offset from the base and access
* Initial support for RISC-V was added to JITLink.
* An ORC-runtime based MachO-Platform was added.
* The llvm-elfabi and llvm-ifs tools were merged.
* RISC-V constant materialisation was improved for cases where lui+slli can be
used to replace lui+addi+slli.
* llvm-dwp was refactored into a library.
* Constant-folding of constrained arithmetic intrinsics was added.
## Clang commits
* A new 'readability-suspicious-call-argument' check was added to clang-tidy.
* Conversion rules for `_ExtInt` were implemented.
* Half-precision floating point is now supported for RVV intrinsics.
* `--global-value-regex` and `--global-hex-value-regex` were added to the
## Other project commits
* `ranges::common_view` was implemented in libcxx.
* An initial version of the LLDB ScriptedProcess process plugin was committed.
* MultiOpPatternRewriteDriver was introduced to MLIR, as a utility to help
rewrite a supplied list of ops.
* The compiler-rt sanitizer's .clang-format config was updated to allow up to
100 column lines. [5d1df6d](https://reviews.llvm.org/rG5d1df6d220f1).
More information about the llvm-dev