[llvm-dev] RFC: Sanitizer-based Heap Profiler

Teresa Johnson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 5 14:54:01 PDT 2021

Hi Andrey,

The compiler side support for the necessary instrumentation went in a while
back (D85948), as did the compiler-rt support (D87120 is the main one, but
there were a number of preparatory and follow-on patches). Currently it
dumps to a text file. We've been working on designs for the binary profile
format, IR handling for the profile data, and context disambiguation
support. We plan to send RFCs for some of this early this quarter.

We initially plan to use the profile information to provide guidance to the
dynamic allocation runtime on data allocation and placement. We'll send
more details on that when it is fleshed out too.

Teresa

--
Teresa Johnson |  Software Engineer |  tejohnson at google.com |