[llvm-dev] RFC: Sanitizer-based Heap Profiler

Andrey Bokhanko via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Jul 5 07:01:50 PDT 2021

Hi Teresa,

A year has passed since you posted this RFC; could you, please, give a
quick update on the current state of heap profiler development?

(Sorry if you already did so; I looked through llvm-dev mailing list
to no avail -- but perhaps I missed something?)

We (Huawei) are very interested in data cache optimizations; we are
discussing our plans with Maxim and others on the BOLT project github
(https://github.com/facebookincubator/BOLT/issues/178); I would be
really interested to hear your perspective / plans -- either on BOLT
project discussion or here.

One area of particular interest are specific data cache optimizations
you plan (or not?) to implement either in compiler / binary optimizer
/ runtime optimizer based on heap profiler data.

Thank you!

Yours,
Andrey
===