[llvm-dev] Upstreaming question

MARUKAWA KAZUSHI(丸川 一志) via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Jan 5 00:51:12 PST 2021

Hi,

I have a question about the order of upstreaming.

We've been upstreaming our modifications for NEC SX-Aurora VE to
llvm and clang following this RFC,
https://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2019-April/131580.html.

Almost of all modifications on llvm/clang are upstreamed.  Now, we
are trying to upstream our modification on libraries like compiler-rt.
But it is paused at compiler-rt, https://reviews.llvm.org/D92748.

Basically, he is saying that VE is not yet an official target, so
modifications on libraries won't be accepted.  He is also saying
experimental compiler is acceptable, but our modification for VE,
experimental compiler, is paused without reasons (IMO).

I appreciate if I can hear what we can do to a next step.

Should I ask to make VE as one of official target before upstreaming
modifications on libraries?  Or, should I push above patch harder?

Sorry for this kind of generic question.  But, I appreciate any answers.
Thanks!

Regards,
--
Kazushi