[llvm-dev] Suggestions on debugging pre-merge test failure that looks irrelevant.

Mingming Liu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Dec 13 12:49:03 PST 2021

Hi,
   I'm looking for some suggestions on debugging pre-merge test failures
that look irrelevant.

   Two examples with links (while `ninja check-all` passed for the patch,
although the DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS doesn't necessarily cover the
subprojects that fail)
   1) This is caused by stale cmake configurations, as indicated by the
error.
        Link of build artifact
<https://buildkite.com/llvm-project/premerge-checks/builds/68728#6abfb9c3-e82d-4bbf-835b-551344e469c5/31-46>
.
        Sync up to pick up new cmake configurations resolved the error.

   2) Link of build artifact
<https://buildkite.com/llvm-project/premerge-checks/builds/69795#22733c7d-1ef1-488d-ad08-d77542b0d7e0>

       Test failed with error

   1. Failed Tests (1):
   2.   LLVM :: Bindings/Go/go.test

      I didn't find other information in the log that might help.

     There is a playbook
<https://github.com/google/llvm-premerge-checks/blob/main/docs/playbooks.md>
yet
I'm wondering if there are more lightweight procedures besides restarting
build (e.g., looking at a continuous build dashboard for tests that might
already fail or might be flaky before the patch) to debug tests that look
irrelevant.

--
Thanks,
Mingming