[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 10 04:33:28 PST 2021

Thanks for the try!

>From the quick scan:

1. There are no labels
2. Attachments are not real – they are just links to bugzilla and will
be obsolete if bugzilla is e.g. down
3. Each attachment results in 2 comments, one of each is redundant
4. CC list is strange, e.g.
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/issues/12187 CC's to
"mail.sandbox.de"
5. All text is in verbatim boxes (e.g.
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/issues/12092) making
it almost impossible to read due to horizontal scroll
6. There are no "depends on" / "blocks on" references (see
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/issues/10900)
7. There are no cross-references in case of duplicates (see
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/issues/10729)

It's pretty straightforward to come to the present state and there are
tools for this, we've been at this point in 2019 (see e.g.
https://github.com/asl/llvm-bugzilla/issues as it was outlined in LLVM
DevMtg 2019 roundtable discussion). The non-trivial part is to
workaround various GitHub issues which are also different depending on
API used.

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University