[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] [Openmp-dev] Bugzilla migration is stopped again

Arthur O'Dwyer via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Dec 10 04:00:35 PST 2021

On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 9:16 AM Arthur O'Dwyer <arthur.j.odwyer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 4, 2021 at 5:46 AM Anton Korobeynikov via cfe-dev <
> cfe-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> * Surely*, if the community will re-decide that these are unimportant
>> things
>> *we can push the existing code into a blank archive fairly quickly*.
>>

> Please, test the above claim this week, *on a blank repo*.  Let's
> actually find out whether it works, instead of relying on "Surely...".
>
> At this point I'm offering my own technical assistance, just to get the
> thing done and stop getting these emails every day. Send me your Bugzilla
> export script; I'll test it out this week on a blank repo, with the goal of
> mirroring a 100-bug subset of the LLVM Bugzilla publicly visible in
> https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/ by EOW.

The promised EOW update: I have written Python scripts for the Export,
Transform, and (dumbed-down, see below) Load stages of a bugzilla-to-github
migration. You can find them at
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/BugzillaToGithub#bugzilla-to-github
and the resulting GitHub issues list (which is just partial, so far) lives
at
https://github.com/Quuxplusone/LLVMBugzillaTest/issues
This is merely the result of five evenings of work, so e.g. the formatting
of message bodies still isn't perfect, and as of this morning I'm aware of
at least one bug (that GitHub's import API doesn't like a comment to
have *empty
string* as its `body`). And of course the biggest issue is that I was
noodling around without special access to GitHub staff, who are the only
people able to forge issue/comment authorship; so my script just puts
everything under the username of the person-or-bot that runs it.  I
guarantee GitHub SRE can help with that.

Arthur