[llvm-dev] Add AddressSanitizer support for VxWorks OS

Deng, Wenbin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Dec 9 18:23:42 PST 2021

Hello All,

I am from WindRiver company. We plan to submit patches to add AddressSanitizer support for VxWorks Operating System. The patches are mainly included in the folder "compiler-rt/lib/sanitizer_common" and "compiler-rt/lib/asan".  Related changes are being reviewed internally.

Since this is an extension to the existing Operating System support and include quite a few changes, I think the contribution will belong to "Bigger Pieces of Work<https://llvm.org/docs/Contributing.html#bigger-pieces-of-work>".

I am new to the LLVM community. Could someone tell me what should I prepare, such as

  *   the patch requirement?
  *   what kind of test case needed?
  *   If I need run any existing CI test in advance?

Thanks,
Wenbin