[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Final Report of Fix miscompilation issues in LLVM IR using the ‘Freeze’ instruction

Hyeongyu Kim via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 23 16:13:52 PDT 2021

Hello LLVM devs!

This summer, as a participant of GSoC, I fixed some miscompilation problems
with freeze instruction and improved existing optimization freeze-aware.

Freeze reduces LLVM's miscompilation issues, but it can cause a performance
regression.

Because both correctness and performance are important, I tried to write
patches that satisfy both.

You can find more details about what I did during this summer in my final
report. (https://github.com/hyeongyukim/GSoC2021/blob/main/report.md)

Feel free to ask me anything about my project!

And... As I wrote in the future work section, my project is not completely
finished yet.

One of the initial goals was to fix the LoopUnswitch's miscompilation
issue, but it is not fixed due to performance regression.

Therefore, I will keep going to send the patches.

And a few days ago, I sent a patch to turn on noundef analysis to reduce
the performance regression, so I'd appreciate it if you could check it.

Best regards,

Hyeongyu