[llvm-dev] Implementing GC: Custom stackmaps for statepoints

Anton Nadolskiy via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 8 03:33:07 PDT 2021

Hi,
I’m trying to build a GC for my language and have some issues there, in
particular with stack maps. I’m using the statepoints approach and need
custom stackmap format (for AOT compiled code), which is basically just
offsets of pointers on the stack. I’ve read the doc
https://llvm.org/docs/StackMaps.html, but I can’t understand how to use it
to get just offsets of pointers on the stack. Could you please help?

Another question is about value types with pointers. Consider
%String = type {i32, i8*}
Does stackmap also records pointer within this value type?