[llvm-dev] [RFC] Backend for Motorola 6800 series CPU (M68k)

Min-Yih Hsu via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 13:14:30 PDT 2020

Hi All,

I've composed a draft roadmap for this new target. I've decided to try
Github's "Projects" feature, as it provides a clearer view to see all the
blockers and action items, IMAO. Here is the link:
https://github.com/M680x0/M680x0-mono-repo/projects

Currently I only created two major milestones: Becoming an experimental
target and becoming an official target. For each milestone, I've listed the
expected features, estimated time frame (though I'm not really confident on
that), and most importantly, the blockers for the milestone.
Fortunately, all of our essential features are complete (e.g. ISel, MC), so
there will be more house cleaning tasks and bug fixing than adding new
features in the second milestone.

In addition to the aforementioned two milestones, I've added "be able to
run toy programs" as a separate milestone to accommodate some more urgent
tasks right now. More specifically, driver problems that make Clang unable
to leverage all our components.

Thank you!
Min

--
Min-Yih Hsu
Ph.D Student in ICS Department, University of California, Irvine (UCI).