[llvm-dev] llvm cross compilation issue

Денис Онищенко via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 17 06:27:54 PDT 2020

I am trying to compile llvm using a toolchain file where I have
specified the target system and compilers as suggested at
https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/manual/cmake-toolchains.7.html#cross-compilation-tool
chain:

set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Linux)
set(CMAKE_SYSTEM_PROCESSOR arm)

set(CMAKE_C_COMPILER arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-gcc)
set(CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi-g++)

But the problem is that native tools like llvm-config, llvm-tblgen and
clang-tblgen, which must be built by the native compiler, are also
created by the target compiler.

What cmake / "toolchain file" options should I use to use the native
(host) compiler for these native tools (which are placed in the NATIVE
subdirectory), and target compilers for other binaries and libraries?