[llvm-dev] Simulation of load-store forwarding with MI scheduler on AArch64

Evgeny Leviant via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 14 09:40:26 PDT 2020

Hi list,

Is it possible to simulate load to store forwarding on aarch64 with MI scheduling model on AArch64?
For instance $x0 data latency in the example below should be 1 cycle

ldr $x0, [$x1]
str $x0, [$x2]

But it should be 4 cycles if we have another instruction:

ldr $x0, [$x1]
add $x0, $x0, 4

For ALU instructions it’s possible to use either ReadAdvance or SchedReadAdvance, but I don’t see how
to do this with WriteLD or WriteST. Is there some workaround?