[llvm-dev] [cfe-dev] Phabricator -> GitHub PRs?

Daniel Martín via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 13 07:38:54 PDT 2020

Renato Golin <rengolin at gmail.com> writes:

> Don't they give you the opportunity to amend the commit message, at least? I vaguely remember it's possible.

If you mean "amend" like in "git commit --amend", it's generally a bad
idea to rewrite repository history that has already been published.

If you mean "amend" the message in the Web UI before merging, then yes,
they let you change the message, but it's very easy to forget to do
that. It's not a scalable workflow given the size of the LLVM project,
unless there's some automation for it, IMHO.